Sunday, February 1, 2009

Emotional!

(Pass by this post please! This is one of those that I use my blog for my journal entry posts!)

I am not one to get emotional. I hardly ever cry. I normally keep things to myself and show emotions in other ways. Today however I have been a basket case. For some strange reason all the things that I should have cried about for the past year it feels like have decided to come back and open the flood gates today. I think I just realized how much I have grown as a person and how much I still have to go!
I cried in relief society because I thought of my sister and when I was told that she had broken her neck and was almost paralyzed. I should have cried then but I did not. Instead I helped out by constantly going to the hospital and making sure the house was clean.
I cried because I realized how hard it was to get hurt and go home. I should have cried then or when I was in immense pain but I did not! I put on a tough face and sucked it up.
I cried because I am so grateful for my friends and then people who got me out of the house when I was home those two months. I am eternally grateful to Summer, because she allowed me to be her ball and chain when I was home. She got me off my bed and doing something when I was home. I needed that more than I can ever say. I needed a friend when I was home and she was that friend. I know that she will never realize how much that meant to me but I am so grateful. I owe her big time.
I cried because I realized that my chronic sinus infection is not getting better and I need to go back to the doctors. I cried because last time I was there they said that I might have to get surgery. I cried because I am scared.
I cried because I am so grateful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and loves me. I know that everything I have been through over the past year and especially the past six months He has been through more. I know that He atoned for our sins. I am so grateful for the Atonement. I am so grateful that through Him I can return to live with Him and my Father and Heaven again.

Even though my tears are drying these feelings will never change. I will always remember how much I love my sister, and my family. I am so grateful that she is okay. I will always be happy that I went home for those two months because I got better! I will always be grateful for my friends that helped me. I will always love them. I will always be scared and want better health. I will never forget that feeling when you are told that your health is not that great. I will ALWAYS Love and be Grateful for My LORD and SAVIOR!

2 comments:

Elyse said...

Okay, from a fellow crier (Andrew will attest to that!), I feel for you my dear! I also have health problems, etc., and it's not fun to deal with. I have learned it's okay to cry though...and even if it's not, I still do all the time! ha. So more power to ya :)

Elise said...

Girl, I cry daily! I love love LOVE IT! LET IT FLOW!