Saturday, November 22, 2008

My thoughts on the Twilight Movie

I decided not to go to the midnight showing. I went the next evening with my mother. I enjoyed the movie. I thought that there were a lot of pros and cons.
I thought Bella was perfect for the role. She was exactly who I imagined. She was beautiful in a way that every boy noticed but she did not believe. She was smart, uncoordinated, quiet, and kind. She was brave and mature. I was all around impressed with her.

Edward was amazing. Like most I was skeptical to how you could bring this beautiful fantasy to life but they did it. He was charming, kind, and awkward. You could tell he was torn between loving her, ruining his family, and hurting her. I always imagined their love to be awkward with a lot of sexual tension.

The one thing i did not like about their relationship in the movie was the lack of sexual tension and courting. In the book she is obsessed with him and he disapears from time to time in the begining. She was depressed whenever he was gone. They missed the scene filled with the most awkward sexual tension during the movie in biology. I felt like the relationship did not build the same way it was built in the book. He came to her room a lot more in the book. I thought it was strange that there was only one kissing scene.I also thought that they missed a lot of basic courting that was missed.
I think they did a good job with the budget and am already planning to see it again. I know I am pathetic.

1 comments:

g.lock said...

kristen! drew & elle here, we likewise really enjoyed twilight!

a thank you card will be soon on its way, but we just wanted to informally thank you for the awesome pop-corn maker and mistletoe ball.