Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tolerance and Standing For Something


If you know me you would know that I am very open minded and the last to judge anyone for anything. I do not care what you did in you past. I do not care what you are doing right now. I do not care what you are planning on doing in the future. I will live my life and you can live yours. I have no place to judge. I have friends of all different backgrounds, and lifestyle choices. I love each and every one of them.
It does make me extremely mad however when people use the word tolerance as a word to describe how you do not believe what I believe. Tolerance to me is being excepting of someones choices and ideas but not necessarily making the same ones. For example I have several homosexual friends. I love them. I hang out with them. As much as I love them and respect them and am here whenever they need me I do not applaud all of their lifestyle choices. I have my own believes as well. I stand true to my believes. Just because I may be voting yes on prop 8 does not make me any less tolerant. If any thing it means I stand for something I believe in. My friends know me well enough to know that I hold true to what I believe instead of swaying with the easiest breeze.
So in simple terms I am tolerant but I stand for something. Do you stand for something? or Do you sway with the easiest breeze?

1 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

Well said Kristen! Love your positive attitude. YES on Prop 8! :)