Thursday, March 5, 2009

Excited for Spring!

I woke up and looked out my window this morning to see a thin sheet of white blanketing the rooftops and sidewalks. The sun was shining reflecting the purity of the freshly fallen powder. As I drove to campus the sun began to melt the snow revealing patches of green grass and maroon bushes covering the campus grounds. The snow fell rapidly from the limp tree branches. The trees look old and weak without their leaves. They wait patiently for their blossoms to come and to add a splash of color to their dull appearance.
I am impatiently waiting for the trees to blossom, for the grass to be green, for the sun to shine, and for flip flops to be the primary shoe being used from my wardrobe. Oh how I love spring. I love the hope that it brings. I love how the pastel colors slowly transition you into the bright colors of summer. I love how the snow is still on the tops of the mountains but the colors shine brightly in the valley. I am so excited for spring!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

That is one thing I miss about Utah. They have the best Springs!