Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Reading Books


As a little girl growing up my mother would make us read over summer. We would go to the local library and find the books that looked the most intriguing to us, and were forced to read them. To me reading felt like a chore. I much rather would have been at the beach, dance, swimming, gymnastics, or cheer practice. As I grew older however I grew to love reading.
My junior year in high school after competition season for cheer had ended I started reading "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" by Mitch Albom and I fell in love. I could not put the book down. I would read it at lunch, during class, after class, after school, and on rare occasions before school. This book is amazing. It was the first book I that ever loved. After that book, I fell in love with reading. I now read all kinds of books. I read poetry books, biography, romance novels, classic novels, religious books, and of course text books.
I just finished "Tuesdays With Morrie" also written by Mitch Albom. He is my favorite author. I love his style of writing. His writing makes me feel so comfortable. "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" and "Tuesdays With Morrie" both discuss death. It is strange how a topic that is normally so depressing he makes seem uplifting. "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" changed my perspective on how I could impact peoples lives."Tuesdays With Morrie" made me realize that we all have emotions and that we are all the same; we all are born into this world and we all die. I cannot wait to dive into my next read. It will have to wait however, because now I am bombarded with school. Textbooks are my main source of reading now a days.

1 comments:

g.lock said...

how have i not seen your blog yet? i'll add you to my links! and nice comment :)