Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Why My Future Career Works For Me ...

Today while watching television and saw an advertisement for "Cash for Gold". A lady in the advertisement had horrible pronunciation. She sounded like a five year old with a speech impediment. Instead of saying the world jewelry she said "jewry". I was shocked. I wanted to jump through the television sit her down and begin proper speech lessons. I wanted to explain that there is an L in jewelry. I also wanted to explain what part of the mouth and tongue you would use to pronounce this sound. I know most of you think this may sound a little extreme, but it has become a growing habit. I listen to peoples verbiage, little children's speech stages and grammar. I cannot wait to be a speech pathologist. This career choice is perfect for me. I will get to work with kids and help free the world of horrible pronunciation.


(Do not worry I am not extremely annoyed by speech problems. I often find myself making grammar, spelling, and even speech errors.)

0 comments: