Thursday, December 4, 2008

Its Chirstmas Time Again

I love Christmas! The delicious smell of Christmas trees, cinnamon, chocolate, and freshly baked treats fill the whole house. Christmas lights paint the town with new sparkly colors. Santa Claus promises to bring toys to all the good little girls and boys. Christmas is such a special time of year. As a child the simple joys of Santa coming and bringing new toys, and plenty of treats was what brought the most joy to me over the holiday season. As I have gotten older I could care less what Santa brings. I have come to appreciate the real meaning of Christmas. I look forward to participating in the simple acts of kindness that brighten up someones day. I look forward to giving gifts rather than receiving them. I look forward to reading the Christmas story and being even more grateful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So this Christmas I plan on serving more. I think that it is the greatest gift I can give.

0 comments: